May is here and It is always fun to bring awareness to the field of Speech and Hearing and let people know a little bit more about what SLPs do every day! Need ideas for how to celebrate Better Speech & Hearing Month?
• ASHA’s May is Better Hearing and Speech Month website has a screen saver, activity booklets, bookmarks, information packets, and more! – http://www.asha.org/bhsm/
• Speaking of Speech’s May is Better Speech and Hearing Month Materials (created/shared by speech-language pathologists) – http://www.speakingofspeech.com/May_is_BSHM_Materials.html
• Super Duper Publications’ Celebrate Better Speech and Hearing Month Handy Handout by: Robyn Merkel-Piccini, M.A. CCC-SLP – http://www.superduperinc.com/handouts/pdf/19_Celebrate_Better_Speech.pdf
• Michigan State University’s Better Hearing and Speech Month website with information, video links, and banners – https://www.msu.edu/~comdis/bhsm/
• LiveSpeakLove created free printable information sheets for various communication disorders – http://livespeaklove.com/2012/05/01/happy-better-hearing-and-speech-month/
• Speech Room News’ Better Hearing and Speech Month calendar and Vocal Hygiene flyer – http://www.speechroomnews.blogspot.com/2012/04/better-speech-hearing-month.html
• The American Academy of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery’s website full of hearing and speech handouts – http://www.entnet.org/AboutUs/betterHearingSpeechMonth.cfm
• ASHA’s Pinterest account full of Better Hearing and Speech Month related pins – http://pinterest.com/ashaweb/better-hearing-speech-month-ideas/
• ASHASphere’s Better Hearing and Speech Month Roundup Week 1 post identifying various websites promoting Hearing and Speech Month – http://blog.asha.org/2012/05/03/better-hearing-speech-month-roundup-week-1/
• Super Duper Publications’ Handy Handouts – http://www.superduperinc.com/Handouts/Handout.aspx
• Pedia Staff’s Better Hearing and Speech Month Resources Blog Post – http://www.pediastaff.com/blog/better-hearing-and-speech-month-resources-2011-3457
• American Academy of Audiology Worksheets – http://www.audiology.org/resources/consumer/Pages/kids.aspx
• Speech Lady Liz’s blog post – http://speechladyliz.blogspot.com/2012/05/happy-better-speech-and-hearing-month.html
• Consonantly Speaking’s Coloring Page With Suggested Homework Activities for BHSM – http://consonantlyspeaking.com/posts/2012/05/better-hearing-and-speech-month-coloring-page-with-suggested-homework-activities
We hope that you find these materials created by other speech-language pathologists and professionals helpful this month to share with your students, colleagues, and parents!