CRA Therapy specializes in providing school-based pediatric therapy services. We have become a trusted industry leader, providing quality special education services for our school partners across the United States.
We are currently looking for Speech Language Pathologists SLP / CCC-SLP / CF-SLP to work at Bernalillo Public Schools.
Openings for 2020/2021 School Year
- Evaluates and assesses the student’s functional status to identify and determine needs for speech/language therapy.
- Selects, administers, and interprets specialized hearing and speech tests.
- Gathers background information as necessary on the student’s educational, medical, social, and psychological history to assist with determining possible causes of speech disorders.
- Serves a member of an interdisciplinary team and participates in child study, IEP, staffing, and eligibility meetings as required.
- Develops individualized education plans for students receiving speech/language therapy services and implements therapy sessions that target IEP goals.
- Chooses appropriate activities for developing the student’s speech, voice, fluency, and language skills.
- Instructs students on how to monitor their own speech and provides ways to practice skills.
- Recommends the adaptation of the student’s learning environment as necessary.
- Provides consultation to teachers and staff members to ensure the integration of speech/language development techniques into the student’s classroom routine.
- Monitors student progress, reevaluates IEP objectives, and adjusts delivery of speech/language services as appropriate.
- Conferences with parents/guardians and provides them with support and information regarding their child.
- Serves as a resource to staff members at the assigned school(s) regarding speech/language services and proper procedures for the identification and referral of students.
- Adheres to legal and ethical standards and guidelines regarding the provision of speech/language services.
- Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required):
- Master’s degree in education or a related field required.
- Oklahoma Teaching Certification in Secondary Education in subjects listed below or subjects or Alternative Teaching Certification as approved by Oklahoma State Department of Education required.
- Knowledge of speech/language needs of individuals from 3 – 21 years of age.
- Must possess ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, parents, and the community.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others, demonstrate self-discipline and initiative, follow state and district guidelines.
Job Type: Full-time