At CRA Therapy, we understand the importance of a school-based therapy approach.
In a natural education setting, children can carry on with their normal day-to-day routine while therapists are able to observe influences of the environment on the child’s development and behavior. In this setting, all educational curriculum standards are followed and can be used to evaluate a child’s abilities.
We understand the value of collaboration.
Through a collaborative effort, school-based therapists work closely with the special education team, administrators, and parents to develop an individualized education plan (IEP). This collaboration ensures students fulfill their developmental goals.
Our school-based services include:
- Speech-Language Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Sign Language Interpreters
- Therapy Assistants
- Special Education Teachers
- School Psychologists
- Licensed Mental Health Counselors
- Supervisory and Team Leader Positions
Our most sought-after services include Speech-Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Physical Therapy:
Speech-Language Therapists identify, evaluate, and administer speech therapy for students who have difficulty understanding or communicating ideas. Specific areas of speech-language therapy include:
- Voice, fluency, expressive and receptive language, articulation therapy
- Oral motor and feeding therapy
- Social skills training
- Programming for augmentative communication disorders
- Training of non-verbal communication such as sign language, gesturing, and picture exchange communication
Occupational Therapists provide assistance to students with developmental delays or disorders affecting fine motor, visual-perception, cognitive and sensory-processing skills. Therapists also consider psychological, social, and environmental factors. Specific areas of occupational therapy include:
- Therapy to improve fine motor, visual motor, and visual perception skills
- Sensory processing and integration functions
- Social and cognitive linguistic therapy
Physical Therapists provide assistance for students with difficulty completing daily tasks. Our therapists can provide help with strength, range of motion, endurance, and gross motor functioning. Other specific areas of physical therapy include:
- Rehabilitation for musculoskeletal deficits occurring with physical disabilities
- Therapy to promote development of gross motor skills and balance coordination
- Strength and endurance training
Throughout all of our offerings, our professionals are able to provide the following services, tailored to meet your needs and district requirements:
Development and Planning
- Development of Individual Education Plan (IEP)
- Individual and group therapy approaches
Progress and Evaluation
- Daily progress notes and other required documentation
- Diagnostics, Interpretation
- Therapy evaluations and re-evaluations using required assessment and testing materials
Collaboration and Attendance
- Correspondence with parents, physicians, and special education personnel
- Participation with the school districts and parents in eligibility staffings
- Contribution to the multidisciplinary team effort to locate, identify, and serve children with developmental delays or disabilities.
- Attendance at required meetings
- Intra-district travel among school locations
When you’re ready to incorporate our therapists into your educational environment, get in touch.